Sunday 19 October 2014

#52 - AUTUMN SUNSET

Hi! So my mum and I made a cake together this past weekend. I've been looking at rainbow cakes/ red velvet cakes recently and was just itching for some. U can have a look at Cupcake Jemma's rainbow cake, it was totes uhmazing. ;P Plus, my mum wanted to bake something and to try something new. So, we present to you Autumn Sunset cake. *hits cymbals* 

- - 



We didn't have that many colors of the rainbow so we made do with what we had. Orange, pink and purple were our best options. We used a butter cake recipe which me and my bro loved! To create this cake, we had to split the batter into 3 portions and color each one individually.


The making of the batter was easy. The coloring and measuring were the more tiring ones. What I mean by tiring was how we had to be precise in our coloring because we wanted a specific color. The measuring plays a big role because we wanted each layer to come out the same way evenly and equal. So, more details had to be looked into these two areas.

Overall, the outcome turned out good! The cake was tasty and firm. The layer of cream cheese blended well with the cake as it wasn't too sweet but was a nice touch to end off the bite. 

Thanks for reading and be blessed, x. 

No comments:

Post a Comment